The Idaho Pain Group is a proud affiliate of Bingham Healthcare and was established to improve the quality of life for patients who suffer from acute or chronic pain. Idaho Pain Group’s highly skilled physicians have specialties in pain management, anesthesiology, neurology, psychiatry, clinical psychology, physical medicine, and neurosurgery.
The multidisciplinary approach used by the Idaho Pain Group is the only one of its kind in Idaho. This unique approach translates into treatments designed to best suit each patient’s needs.
What is Chronic Pain?
Surprisingly, chronic pain is the number one cause of adult disability in the United States. Pain may come and go, or be present every day, however, any pain that lasts longer than six months is characterized as chronic.
Chronic pain is sometimes invisible to others, but it can absorb a person’s capacity to function. Pain may be caused by a disease, a recent accident, or from an injury long since healed. Common pains include:
- Lower-back problems
- Nerve injury from diabetes
- Other neurological conditions
- Repetitive stress injuries
Managing Your Pain
There are a number of techniques and medications that can help us manage your pain more effectively. This management, in turn, can aid recovery and improve quality of life.
Group therapy and family counseling may be necessary to help those who are closest to you understand all that chronic pain management involves.
Rehabilitation is about teaching people how to cope with chronic pain. So even though they may have chronic pain, chronic pain doesn’t continue to have them.
Doctors at Idaho Pain Group advocate a multidisciplinary approach that may include:
- Implanted Devices
- Medication Education
- Nerve Block
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Relaxation Therapy
- Regional Anesthesia
Idaho Pain Group’s highly skilled physicians have specialties in pain management, anesthesiology, neurology, psychiatry, clinical psychology, physical medicine, and neurosurgery. The multidisciplinary approach used by the Idaho Pain Group is the only one of its kind in Idaho. This unique approach translates into treatments designed to best suit each patient’s needs.
Is Your Pain Chronic?
The Idaho Pain Group suggests taking this quiz to discover if you or someone you love has chronic pain.
- Have you had continuing pain for six months or more?
- Have standard medical treatments failed to adequately relieve your pain?
- Do uncomfortable side effects from current treatments reduce the quality of life for you or your family members?
- Does pain prevent you from participating in your usual daily activities or affect your career choices, plans, or personal relationships?
- Have you experienced an increase or change in your pain?
- Have you been examined by a medical professional and diagnosed with cancer, nerve damage, chronic infection or another chronic condition?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have chronic pain. Please contact us (208) 782-3701. We’re always welcoming new patients at our Blackfoot, Idaho Falls, and Pocatello offices.