We are pleased to introduce Dr. Susan Rhodes, PsyD, licensed clinical psychologist, with additional training as Marriage and Family Therapist and Registered Nurse. She provides psychological evaluations to patients of all ages, consisting primarily of physician-referred outpatients, but also including physician-referred inpatients at Bingham Healthcare.
Dr. Rhodes started her professional career working in hospitals as a Registered Nurse. Now that she is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, that experience gave her a skill and interest in working with patients struggling with complex medical issues and healing from illness and injury. She works with children and adolescents, as well as adults and families. Trauma comes in many forms and is experienced differently by each person. Providing services from a trauma-focused perspective helps her to deliver services to a variety of individuals.
She provides the following assessment and evaluation services:
- Bariatric assessment and counseling
- Disability evaluations
- Pain management assessment and counseling
- Child and adolescent behavioral assessments
Additionally, she provides the following therapy services:
- Individualized stress management
- Depression or other mood problems
When Dr. Rhodes is not seeing patients, she enjoys going hiking with her husband and their dogs. She enjoys cooking fabulous meals and finding new ways to make healthy foods. When the weather is frosty, she stays indoors to work on various art projects – drawing, painting and mixed media.
- Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy/counseling from California State University – East Bay
- Doctor of Psychology in clinical psychology from the American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University
Idaho Physicians Clinic
98 Poplar St., 3rd Floor, Blackfoot, ID 83221
Pocatello Women’s Health Clinic
777 Hospital Way Bldg A Suite 300, Pocatello, ID 83202