We are pleased to introduce Stewart Elvis Rendón, MD, FACS, QME, MBA, fellowship-trained bariatric surgeon and board-certified general surgeon.
Dr. Rendón brings the latest in state-of-the-art surgical skills and minimally invasive techniques, as well as his passion for helping to change people’s lives. As a fellowship-trained bariatric surgeon, he specializes in advanced bariatric procedures, including laparoscopic/open Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and revisional surgery (for complications), particularly band removal and band conversion to sleeve gastrectomy or gastric bypass. He also has a wide range of general surgeries, including anti-reflux, laparoscopic gall bladder, appendix, hernia and colon surgery.
“I absolutely love working with bariatric patients because I can help them achieve life-changing results,” says Dr. Rendón. “I like to see them feel better and start to do things they never thought they would be able to do again.” His patient’s describe him as being open, honest, and straight-forward.
Dr. Rendón enjoys providing medical care to underserved populations and has performed a half-dozen humanitarian missions. When he is not practicing medicine, he enjoys flying helicopters (and holds an FAA private rotorcraft pilot license), scuba diving (deep sea, reef), spear fishing and shark hunting, white water rafting, archery, skiing, hiking, dancing (salsa, merengue, cumbia), playing soccer, and working on antique cars.
Se habla Español
- Earned a Bachelor of Science in an Advanced Program in Bio-Medical Sciences from the University of California, Riverside, in Riverside, California
- Earned a Doctor of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine in Los Angeles, California
- After finishing a five-year general surgery residency, he completed a bariatric/laparoscopic surgery fellow at Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina
- Completed a Master of Business Administration at UCLA Anderson School of Management in Los Angeles, California
- Served in the United States Air Force since 2011
Blackfoot, Specialty Clinics
Bingham Healthcare Specialty Plaza
326 Poplar Street, Blackfoot, ID 83221
WATCH DR. STEWART ELVIS RENDÓN'S "BE INFORMED" WEBINAR
During this week’s “Be Informed” webinar, Dr. Rendón talks about obesity and nonsurgical & surgical weight-loss options.