We are pleased to recommend Dr. Hickey, who is double board certified in interventional pain medicine and anesthesiology. He practices cutting-edge minimally invasive techniques that provide long lasting relief for a broad scope of conditions. He offers a number of therapies covering every major region of the body, including but not limited to spinal epidurals, spinal cord stimulation, dorsal root ganglion stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation, spinal and peripheral nerve ablation, minimally invasive lumbar decompression and fusion, and Botox for migraines. He treats a broad set of conditions such as back and neck pain, spinal arthritis, degenerative disc disease, neuropathic pain, arthritis, pain arising from traumatic or chronic injury, and pain caused by cancer.
He earned his BSc in Biology from Pacific University in Forest Grove, OR, and later earned his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in Pittsburgh, PA. He served a tour of duty as a Naval Officer practicing general medicine, and later went on to complete a Residency in Anesthesiology and a Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Interventional Pain Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA.
Se habla Español.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology from Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon
- Doctor of Medicine from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Enlisted in the US Navy, and completed his Internship at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia, after which he deployed to an operational duty station in Sasebo, Japan.
- During his time abroad as a Naval officer, he enjoyed a fruitful tour practicing general and emergency medicine, and he was honored with being selected as his command’s Chief Medical Officer
- After completing his tour of duty, he was awarded the Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medal and honorably discharged as a Lieutenant Commander
- Residency in Anesthesiology
- Sub-specialization fellowship in Interventional Pain Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
1st Choice Urgent Care – Yellowstone Ave.
850 Yellowstone Ave., Pocatello, ID 83201
Medical Office Plaza – 3rd Floor
98 Poplar Street 3rd Floor, Blackfoot, ID 83221