Bingham Healthcare is pleased to introduce Robert E. Johnson, DO, a fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon.
Dr. Johnson treats people with a wide range of spinal conditions of the neck and back that result in chronic pain and a diminished quality of life. He specializes in several areas of spine surgery, including cervical and lumbar spinal arthroplasty, which helps maintain joint functionality and mobility. By using this surgical technique as opposed to traditional fusion methods, his patients have a better chance to resume a more active lifestyle with a reduction in future complications and follow-up operations.
In addition, Dr. Johnson routinely uses the most advanced robotic equipment during spine surgery, and he is one of the only physicians in the United States who has been trained to do so. Using robotic assistance during spine surgery does not replace the surgeon as impeccable judgment and surgical technique is still vital. Performing a robot-assisted surgery allows Dr. Johnson to have greater precision and make smaller incisions which translates into shorter hospital stays, better clinical outcomes, and faster return to everyday activities.
Spine surgery blends an evolving combination of knowledge and physical ability to help people obtain relief from spinal pathology and maintain the active lifestyle they desire. “My goals as a physician are not only to help patients obtain some relief from their aliments, but to help keep them doing what they love. I passionately believe that you will love living life if you live doing what you love, whether that is getting down on the ground to play with the grandkids or being a high-level athlete.”
Dr. Johnson’s passion for helping people through spine surgery was born out of his experience of how spinal injuries can greatly impact the quality of people’s lives, as was the case with his mother. She was unable to do many things that she loved because of injuries sustained in car accidents at a younger age and associated surgeries. “However, with the advancements in medicine, we now have superior options to help people get back to doing what they love. That’s why I love what I do. I have the privilege to help people in similar situations.”
When he’s not practicing medicine, Dr. Johnson enjoys spending time with his wife, Tiffany, and their three children. He is passionate about restoring cars and trucks and loves cycling, water activities (e.g.: boating, wakeboarding, waterskiing) and hunting.
Se habla Español.
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University in Downers Grove, Illinois
- Orthopedic residency at Oklahoma State University Medical Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Completed a six month rotation in pediatric orthopedics at the University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, and a six month rotation in Trauma/Hand/Foot and Ankle at Tampa General Hospital—in association with Florida Orthopedic Institute—in Tampa Bay, Florida
- Completed a prestigious spine fellowship at the Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas, where he was trained by the premier authorities on spine arthroplasty and robotic spine surgery in conjunction with traditional surgical techniques
Idaho Physicians Clinic
98 Poplar St., Blackfoot, ID 83221