We are pleased to have Dr. Bruce Watkins, fellowship-trained hand surgeon, on our medical staff.
With over eight years of experience in hand surgery, Dr. Watkins does endoscopic carpal tunnel procedure, repairs trigger finger, remove masses, treatment of arthritis in the hand and wrist, peripheral neuropathy, total wrist replacements, joint fusions, and other services. In addition, he specializes in de Quervain’s tenosynovitis (a painful condition affecting the tendons on the thumb side of the wrist), carpal tunnel syndrome (a numbness and tingling in the hand and arm caused by a pinched nerve in the wrist), and Dupuytren’s disease (contracture is a hand deformity that usually develops over years).
He also specializes in the repair of fractures of the elbow, forearm, wrist, hand, and fingers as well as repair of tendons, nerves, and arteries. In addition, he is trained in microsurgery for vascular and nerve repairs.
Dr. Watkins was born north of Seattle, Washington. He grew up hiking the Cascades where he fished the lakes and rivers. When he is not practicing medicine, he enjoys spending time with his wife and children. He loves hiking, fishing, and horse riding. He is also familiar with any type of craft that floats—from kayaks to ocean racing sailboats.
Dr. Watkins currently welcomes patients at the following location:
Teton Hand Surgery
2860 Channing Way, Suite 114
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
(844) 919-4263 (Office)
(833) 513-0980 (Fax)
Please call to schedule an appointment or consultation.
- Earned his Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biology from Bemidji State University in Bemidji, Minnesota
- Earned his Master of Science in Biochemistry from the University of North Dakota School of Medicine in Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Completed his Doctor of Medicine from the American University of the Caribbean (AUC) School of Medicine in Coral Gables, Florida
- Completed his general surgery residency at Marshfield Clinic in Marshfield, Wisconsin
- An orthopedic hand and upper extremity fellowship at the University of Colorado in Denver, Colorado
Comprehensive Care Clinics
3302 Valencia Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Medical Office Plaza – 1st Floor
98 Poplar Street 1st Floor, Blackfoot, ID 83221