We are pleased to introduce Jacob Clawson, MD, dual-boarded anatomical and clinical pathologist at the Idaho Pathology Lab at Bingham Memorial Hospital. On a daily basis, Dr. Clawson provides oversight of the medical laboratory and works to diagnose cancer and non-cancerous conditions in bodily tissues and fluids, working directly with other medical providers to meet the diagnostic needs of their patients.
Dr. Clawson and his wife are natives of Eastern Idaho and are excited to be back in the area. When he is not practicing medicine, he enjoys spending time with his wife and their four boys. He likes hiking, boating, and waterskiing.
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (with honors) from Idaho State University in Pocatello, ID
- Doctor of Medicine from Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) in Bethesda, MD
- Pathology residency with the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium
- Served on Active Duty with the U.S. Army as Medical Director of the clinical laboratory at Ireland Army Community Hospital at Fort Knox, KY
- Chief of Core Lab and Pathology Support Service at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX
- During Active Duty, he was also assigned as medical director of various U.S. Army clinical laboratories in surrounding states
Idaho Physicians Clinic
98 Poplar St., Blackfoot, ID 83221