PEEPS Chick Surprise-Inside Cupcake
Easter surprises have never been so sweet! Bake up these festive Easter cupcakes, fill with colorful sprinkles, and top with a yellow Peep! Chick. You’ll have your kids, family, and friends chirping with pure delight!
(adapted from: www.bettycrocker.com)
TOTAL TIME: 1:25
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup assorted mini candy-coated chocolate candies, jimmies or confetti candy sprinkles
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy frosting (any flavor)
- Green food color
- Green colored decorating sugar
- 24 yellow PEEPS® brand marshmallow chicks
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full). Bake as directed on box for cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of each cupcake, about 1 inch deep. Fill each with 1 heaping teaspoonful of candies.
Spoon frosting into medium bowl; stir in enough food color until desired green color. Frost cupcakes with frosting; sprinkle with colored sugar. Top with yellow PEEPS® chick. Store loosely covered.