Caramel Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats
Caramel Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels
(adapted from: www.momontimeout.com)
Click here for the printable copy
Head’s will spin over these pumpkin-shaped pinwheels! A fall twist on traditional Rice Krispies Treats, adults and kids alike will love the sweet combination of pumpkin spice marshmallows and melted caramel.
Prep Time: 2 hours • makes 16 servings
11 oz bag vanilla caramels
¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup butter
1 8oz bag Pumpkin Spice marshmallows
1 cup Pumpkin Spice marshmallows
(buy 2 bags)
¼ cup butter
5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
7 oz jar marshmallow creme
pretzel sticks (optional)
green laffy taffy (optional) or green fruit roll-ups (optional)
1. Unwrap caramels and place in a small saucepan with
butter and sweetened condensed milk.
2. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels have fully melted and the mixture is nice and smooth. Let cool for about 10-15 minutes or until nice and thick. Set aside.
3. Line a 10×15 jellyroll pan with waxed paper. Generously butter the waxed paper and set aside.
4. Combine marshmallows and one quarter cup of butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat on high for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until completely blended.
5. Stir in cereal. Press mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
6. Spread marshmallow creme on top using an offset spatula, leaving 1 – 2 inches on one long edge clear.
7. Spread caramel on top – you will not need to use all of it! Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
8. Roll up jellyroll style (like a cinnamon roll), starting on the long side. Peel away the waxed paper as you roll. Pinch the seams together.
9. Place seam side down and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
Slice and serve!
To make pumpkins, insert pretzel sticks into the top of each slice and create leaves with green laffy taffy or fruit roll-ups.